Fashion is everywhere

Clones N Clowns by Aimee Wood

DIY 30 DAYS 30 TEE-SHIRTS : #15 with a navajo print

DIY navajo

Yá’át’ééh !

Better late than never, right ?! I sware I thought I’d never get this tutorial up today. I’ve been having a bit of a … rubbish day. You know those days when all you want to do is snuggle up and feel sorry for yourself, eat chocolate and watch Bridget Jones ? Well, one of those days. And finding inspiration when you feel like that is like looking for a matching pair of socks… impossible. Or at least it feels like it when you’re racking your brains. We discussed stress VS creativity here and I told you I usually go out when I need to take a step back from things, just to get some fresh air. Well I did that. But when I came back and saw the time I freaked out again. Like a heart attack eat a pot of Nutella freak out. I had no idea what to do ! I had loads of ideas but nothing sounded right. I even ended up doing a tee-shirt I scrapped ! And then I had one of those last minute moments. I saw the light slowly leaving my flat for the night and caught it right there, told it to stick around and extra 30minutes (and to come in late tomorrow) and whipped this together. And you know what ? I love it ! It made my day 🙂 Moral of this whining ? NEVER GIVE UP ! And make sure you get on well with the sun, you never know when it might come in handy.

Well, I hope you don’t mind this one is as simple as yesterday’s. They’re both very useful techniques ! I mean, do you remember using tee-shirt transfers ? Do you remember how disapointed you always were ? White areas, wonky cutting out… But that doesn’t mean you can’t rethink and make something cool and trendy out the same materials these days. You can’t get too complicated with transfer paper if you want something looking pro. So why not keep it simple and play on colours and prints  ? Use a trendy print like animal fur, galaxies or navajo like this one. Just cut out a graphic shape and you’ve got yourself a tee-shirt you would be charged £20 for in a shop ! And guess what ? Mine didn’t even cost me £3 ! High five !

DIY navajoSo remember this one ! But remember this more… DIY navajo

And if you’re thirsty for something a little more advanced, come back tomorrow you’ll be sure to get your fingers in a twist ! See ya !

xx

16 Comments

• Kate says:

I love that print!

• Jo says:

It may be simple in terms of the technique, but the end result looks great – thanks for continuing this series of DIYs

• aimee says:

Hi Jo ! That’s what I was thinking, sometimes all you need is something simple and your end result is fab ! Thanks for passing by, hope you like the other tee-shirts !

• Anna says:

The print is really awesome. Where did you get that?

• aimee says:

Google images – not mine which is why I didn’t make it downloadable I’m afraid ! Hope you find something just as cute !

• Klau says:

Nice job maam! 😀 But does that sticker lasts for long time? After laundry.. or what hehe

• Jobarge says:

Salut,
    Nous nous sommes vu à la soirée Coloria hier j’ai beaucoup aimé ce que tu as fait avec les teintures, le t-shirt à rayure était très réussi et le pantalon avec la poche plus foncé il fallait y penser… Encore Bravo !

Pour ce DIY :
    Peux-tu me dire où tu achète ton papier transfert ?
    Les motifs tu les imprime avec une imprimante classique ?
    Est-ce que les couleurs dégorgent au lavage ?

• aimee says:

Bonjour
      Merci beaucoup, c’était une chouette soirée !
      Le papier je l’ai pris rayon fournitures / imprimerie dans une grande surface (on trouve dans les magasins qui vendent des imprimantes ou sur amazon etc). J’ai imprimé avec une imprimante normale mais attention certains papiers exigent l’utilisation d’une imprimante jet / lazer etc. Regarde bien sur le packaging. Quand tu achètes du papier de qualité c’est vraiment très bien, ça passe au lavage nickel et ne dégorge pas du tout. La marque de mon papier à moi est Brother. Bonne créa et à bientôt !!

• zita says:

Did you just printed the navajo print on the transfer paper or did you buy a transfer paper with the print already on it?

• pragya Raychowdhury says:

where will I get these transfer paper?

Read previous post:
DIY 30 DAYS 30 TEE-SHIRTS : #14 with a customised message

Ladies and maybe even gentlemen, Be warned. This tee-shirt is not like the others. Ohhhhhh no. This tee-shirt is a...